Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort – Nieuwpoort, Curacao
Experience uncompromising service, superlative views and premier amenities at our luxurious Curaçao beach resort. Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort Curaçao is a full-service Dutch Caribbean island resort, perfectly situated on 27 acres of pristine property between the Caribbean Sea and Spanish Water Bay. The resort is part of the Caribbean trio universally referred to as the ABC Islands, Curaçao is located only 35 miles from both Aruba and Venezuela.
Dine with the Caribbean Sea as your backdrop on the open-air terrace, watch as deft hands create delectable dishes in the open-air kitchen at MEDI, or relax poolside at SWIM while our attentive staff brings you your order. Each of our three exciting restaurants serves indigenous menu creations that focus on the freshest seafood and farm-to-table ingredients. Recreation options abound, including the 4,500 square foot Atabei Spa, a full service salon, 24 hour fitness center, three pools, four tennis courts and an 18-hole Pete Dye championship golf course.
Escape to Curaçao for a holiday family vacation designed just for you! Here in Curaçao, parents and their children play in the sand, splash in the Caribbean Sea, swim in the pools and frolic together for hours. But they know grownups need play time too! That’s why they are offering 50% off an adjoining room. Enjoy the space, convenience and privacy an adjoining room provides, at half the price! This offer is based on availability, so book your room and adjoining room today! Also, to the rescue of grownups is Camp Arawak where kids ages 3 – 12 are entertained by the pros. Enjoy special kids menus. Kids 3 and under eat free and 4-11 receive 50% off!
† Fees may apply
Santa Barbara Plan: The Santa Barbara Plan is perfect for travelers who don’t want to worry about their meals and drinks. Stay at the resort and enjoy 3-meals per day and unlimited beverages by the glass. The Santa Barbara Plan includes:
- Welcome Amenity
- Complimentary Room Upgrade
- Early Check-in
- Late Check-out
- Choice of luxurious accommodations
- Unlimited drinks by the glass (House brands)
- Unlimited Dining in Medi (Resort Casual) and Splash (Pool Bar & Grill)
- Unlimited Dining in Shore (Caribbean Fine-Dining) – Reservations Recommended
- 20% Discount in The Great Room – Reservations Recommended
During your stay, enjoy Santa Barbara’s wide variety of complimentary activities & services, including:
- Wireless Internet
- Guided Hikes
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Historic Well Tour
- Botanical Walk (Unguided)
- Iguana Feeding
Some rules and restrictions may apply to package inclusions. Offer subject to change. Pricing varies based on occupancy. Does not include dining in on-property third-party restaurants, Bella Italia or Boca 19.
restaurants & bars
- The Great Room: The Great Room offers an Asian inspired menu and the perfect place to watch the sunset with a fresh cocktail and delicious flavors. Just like the Lotus closes with the sunset, The Great Room is the ideal location to close out a perfect day in paradise. Enjoy an open-air setting overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Hours of operation may vary by season.
- Jun’s at Shore Restaurant: Enjoy fresh sushi and craft cocktails in an oceanfront setting… Looking for something a little different? Enjoy a refreshing open-air meal in Jun’s at Shore, when you’ll dine on fresh and inventive Sushi while sipping unique craft cocktails from Shore’s expert bartenders. Open from 6-11 pm. Closed Tuesday.
- Medi Restaurant: Watch their expert Chefs prepare delectable dishes in their open kitchen with wood-fired pizza oven. Medi offers breakfast, lunch and dinner in a refined environment where guests will enjoy beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea and inspiring menus created by Executive Chef Tjaco Van Eijken. Hours of operation vary by season. Medi Restaurant is included in the Santa Barbara Plan.
- Shore Restaurant: Enjoy Beautiful Views of the Caribbean with authentic Caribbean fine dining. With each fresh catch, every spectacular wine, Shore sprinkles your dining experience with a bit of paradise. Featuring a show kitchen, covered outdoor dining and breathtaking views, Shore is Curaçao’s authentic Caribbean dining experience. Savor fine wines, specialty cocktails & inventive culinary creations paired with spectacular views of the sunset over the Caribbean Sea. Open 6-11 pm and Closed Tuesday. (Opening hours may vary).
- Splash Bar & Grill: Meals and drinks in Splash are included in the Santa Barbara Plan. Relax with a cocktail or ice-cold beer while sun-bathing on beautiful Santa Barbara Beach. The pool bar and grill offers delicious frozen drinks and beach favorites including Fish Tacos, Volcano Nachos and the amazing Splash Burger. Splash is open daily from 11 am – 9 pm. Meals and drinks in Splash are included in the Santa Barbara Plan.
Chef Heinrich Hortencia: Chef Heinrich Hortencia is back home. Raised in Curaçao, Heinrich started a culinary adventure that took him to Maris Stella MBO culinary school. By growing up on an island and in a family where food was an important part of the culture, he is able to connect with people around the world by bringing a little bit of Curaçao to their plate. An experienced chef, including time at a distinguished, Michelin Star restaurant in the Netherlands, Chef was ready to return home, where he is now reinventing the culinary standard in Curaçao.
Get a taste of Curaçao… Curaçao is an island rich with cultural diversity and the food matches the description. Travel + Leisure magazine ranks Curacao as one of the, ‘Best Caribbean Islands for Foodies’, and it’s the island’s diversity that sets it apart from the rest. From traditional Dutch cuisine to Brazilian, Indonesian and Japanese, Curaçao offers a little bit of everything. If you want a taste of what the locals eat, try some krioyo (Creole) favorites including keshi yená (stuffed cheese), yuana (stewed iguna) and kokada (coconut patties). Restaurants at Santa Barbara are independently operated.
- Bella Italia: Enjoy fresh roasted coffee & espresso, hand-made pizza and creamy gelato… A small café centrally located adjacent to the resort’s main building and open-air terrace, Bella Italia is an independently-operated coffee shop and pizzeria offering fresh roasted coffee and espresso drinks, handmade pizza and 50-flavors of creamy gelato. Bella Italia is a great spot for a morning coffee, lunch or after-dinner dessert.
- Boca 19: Perfect for a casual dinner while enjoying a breathtaking Curaçao sunset… Located adjacent to Barbara Beach Marina at the finish to, Old Quarry Golf Course, Boca 19 is a casual bar and grill offering a diverse menu selection including fresh seafood, steaks and burgers. Grab a drink and watch the sunset in the open-air, waterside setting, or snag a spot at the bar and watch the big game. Whether you just finished a round of golf, or you spent the day at the beach, Boca 19 is ideal for a relaxed dining experience with upscale cuisine.
Other Recommended Curacao Restaurants: 10-15 minutes from Santa Barbara.
- The Boathouse Restaurant (accessible by car or boat)
- Brakkeput Mei Mei
- Zanzibar (Jan Thiel)
20-25 minutes from Santa Barbara:
- Governeur De Rouville
- The Wine Cellar
- One King/Two Double Beds
- Private furnished balcony or patio
- Flat Screen Plasma Television
- Digital Alarm Clock with USB Port
- Mini Electric Cooler
- Tea Pot/Coffee Maker
- In-Room Safe
- Deluxe Bath Amenities
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Ceiling Fans
- 410 square feet
- 220V and 110V Outlets
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Resort View Rooms: Enjoy luxurious accommodations with views of the resort’s lush and beautifully landscaped gardens. This room category offers: King or Two Double Beds; Spacious Balcony or Patio; Flat-screen Television; Large Bathroom with Shower/Tub.
- Partial Water View: The trade winds blow through the palms as you watch the waves crash along the shoreline. All Partial Water View Rooms feature: King or Two Double Beds; Spacious Balcony or Patio; Flat-screen Television; Large Bathroom with Shower/Tub.
- Premier Water View: Step out on your balcony and take in unobstructed views of the beach, Spanish Water or Caribbean Sea. Premier Water View rooms feature: King or Two Double Beds; Spacious Balcony; Flat-screen Television; Large Bathroom with Shower/Tub.
- Royal Suite: Indulge in the ultimate luxury. Feel like royalty in this luxurious suite featuring lavish amenities and breathtaking views. At 1,400 square feet, this splendid Curaçao accommodation features a two story great room that contains the deluxe dining room table with seating for eight people and a spacious community living room seating area.
- Sunset Suite: The Essence of Relaxation. Spacious and exclusive, get the VIP treatment and unmatched views of Curacao’s breathtaking sunsets. Sip a cocktail as you watch the evening sunset from your balcony. Get a more exclusive feel in this Curaçao accommodation combining the entrance for both the bedroom and the parlor through one door. These spacious suites offer a total of 90 square meters, (960 square feet), of living space.
- Tula Suite: Exercise Executive Privilege. Book one of these grand 820 square feet Curaçao accommodations. Guests enter into a comfortable foyer featuring a half-bath before proceeding into the living section of the parlor. The bedroom also offers a private patio with a beautiful view of the resort grounds.
- Santa Barbra Suite: A spacious retreat… The full suite offers 70 square meters (790 square feet), of living space, including a full bath in the parlor area, flat screen TV and casual conversational seating for five. The bedroom is a standard size guestroom (38 square meters / 410 square feet) with a private bathroom and a separate entrance door to the hallway.
- ADA Compliant Rooms: Their ADA compliant rooms include closed-caption television, cordless phone and standard fire alarm system with additional emergency strobe light and strobe-light smoke detector. Key entryway, bath, lighting and climate-control features are positioned at a lower height for ease of use. These rooms offer: Fire alarm system including emergency strobe light and strobe-light smoke detector; Cordless Phone; Closed-caption television; Lowered closet shelves; Lowered thermostat and light switches; Lowered entryway features, including peephole and door latch; Lowered bathroom features, including door handle, towel hooks and towel rack; Wide Bathroom Doors; Bathroom Grab Bars; Raised Toilet Seat.
Make Sea Traditions. Your Tradition. Enjoy this private enclave inspired by its surroundings, featuring exclusive services and amenities. Nestled among three separate, semi-private buildings and running adjacent to both the Caribbean Sea and the first hole of the Pete Dye designed, Old Quarry Golf Course. Soak in the sun, cool off in the pool, and enjoy your luxurious retreat, inspired by the Caribbean Sea that surrounds.
- Sea Tradition Rooms: Beautiful accommodation within a tranquil private enclave. A Sea Traditions Room is the perfect choice for the discerning traveler seeking a more private, upscale experience. The rooms are identical in size to those throughout the resort, but include upgraded amenities and services. Private Terrace View At Santa Barbara Resort.
- Sea Tradition Suites: A private retreat enhanced by the ultimate luxury amenities. Sea Traditions Suites provide the quintessential Caribbean escape. Retreat to your luxurious suite complete with enhanced amenities and elegant appointments.
From adventures by land to underwater exploration, the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort has something for everyone. Indulge in endless sun or swim in calm, clear waters along our pristine white-sand private beach or get out on the water and explore it yourself. Stand up paddle boards, kayaks, floating beds and mats, private boat trips, snorkeling and diving courses are just the beginning of what they have to offer.
Discover Santa Barbara in Curaçao… At Santa Barbara, there is a nearly endless variety of activities and adventures. From golf and tennis to water-sports and guided hikes, Santa Barbara offers everything necessary for a memorable Caribbean vacation. Relax on our beautiful beach, lounge by the pool, or head to the spa to revive your senses. It’s all within reach.
† Fees may apply
Island Activities: Unique experiences. Endless adventure… Whether you’re an avid diver, thrill seeker or history buff, Curaçao will not disappoint. The island boasts a diverse culture, blending the influences of Dutch and Spanish settlers with distinct notes from Latin America due to the island’s close proximity to Venezuela and Colombia. With rugged, arid terrain, adventures abound including hiking and ATV tours. If the water is calling your name, you’ll discover countless secluded white-sand beaches and some of the best snorkeling and diving in the Caribbean. You’ll never run out of things to do in Curacao.
Choosing your activities will present something of a dilemma when looking for things to do in Curaçao. You can learn about the fascinating local history or enjoy breathtaking views at Boca Tabla Sea Cave. If you just can’t resist the playful, curious charm of dolphins, you can’t miss Dolphin Academy.
Destination Weddings in Curacao
Endless white sandy beaches, crystal clear Caribbean waters and piercing blue skies provide the backdrop for one of the most important events of your life. Let us introduce you to your personal wedding planner at our special Caribbean wedding venue. They will attend to all the necessary details to help design the wedding day you’ve always imagined and your guests will never forget. Let Santa Barbara Beach Resort be your Caribbean wedding destination of choice.
A destination wedding is the perfect way to realize the fairy tale wedding you’ve always envisioned. You escape to an island paradise with the love of your life to express your love in front of friends and family. The beautiful Caribbean Sea is your backdrop and every detail is handled by a team of experienced wedding planners. All that’s left is to say, “I Do”. That is the dream and Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort makes it a reality…
Contact us to learn more about our wedding packages.
RomanceJourneys.com makes every effort to keep the travel and resort information up to date on this website. However, resorts, wedding packages and laws do change. Because of that, we cannot guarantee that all information on particular resorts or destinations are completely accurate at the time of viewing. Before making wedding and/or travel decisions to a particular destination, it is highly recommended you speak with Shari (972-805-1773) or email Shari (firstname.lastname@example.org) before you book your travel.